Click “Like” on Facebook for more family updates.
We are back! We were on a vacation, which was awesome, I will post about it later. Sorry about being behind on our money saving tips. Our intent was to have post scheduled to go out, but that obviously didn’t happen. We know a lot of you are enjoying our tips to get out of debt, so we will continue with our them.
We love to have purified water and don’t trust the water coming out of the faucet, (We have well water with a water softener) but buying bottled water is not the answer for various reasons (mostly for your wallet).
Tip #12: Stop Buying Bottled Water!
The biggest reason not to buy bottled water, It could save you $1,095 a year if you are buying 2 bottles a day. (based on $1.5 per bottle x 2 a day x 365 days)
Here are 9 additional reasons not to buy bottled water:
- 50% of bottled water is regular tap water. (This is a huge reason!)
- It takes 36 ounces of water to produce 1 plastic water bottle.
- 2.5 million tons of carbon dioxide is produced yearly manufacturing bottled water.
- $1 billion worth of plastic bottles are dumped into landfills each year.
- 17 millions barrels of oil are used yearly to manufacture bottled water, enough to run 1 million cars a year.
- Americans spend $11 billion a year on bottled water. (This is only Americans, not world wide.)
- 1,500 water bottles are consumed in the US every SECOND.
- 1 billion water bottles are shipped across the US weekly
How does that sound to you?
We purchased a Reverse Osmosis system for our house which has paid for it’s self over an over. (We’ve had ours for 10 years!)
Also we purchase a Shaklee Filtration System we use when we travel. It’s very easy to take anywhere you go. Most people use this everyday!
We are very passionate about our health and the water we drink is the very important. There is a small village not far from us that has at least 30 people who have brain cancer do to the contaminants in the water and there are several other health issues in this village they believe are linked to the water also. There are contaminants in the water everywhere. This is why we use this.
Watch this video:
Audio (2 minutes each):
- State of Water & Municipalities
- Why the concern about Lead
- Why Get Clean Water Pitcher
- Gold Seal Certification
- Green Features of Get Clean Water
- Get Clean Filters work with other Pitchers
There you have it. Stop the bottled water purchases and you will save a lot of money and also help save our planet!
Do you spend money on bottled water?
Here are the previous tips to get out of debt if you missed any:
31 Days of Tips to Get Out of Debt! Explaining our journey.
Follow us as we share tips on how we keep our spending in check and still be able to have fun, enjoy ourselves, have quality family time, and keep ourselves debt free.
We love to have comments. Let us know how you are doing with your check list. If you have any questions, comment below.
Doug and Sharon
(Parents of a Dozen)
Like us on Facebook now!