The house I grew up in had two and a half baths all of which where what we called The Pink Bathroom, The Yellow Bathroom and The Blue Bathroom. We helped renovate my parent’s house while hubby was out of work, and we were able to do just about all of it. Today we are gong to show you how we transformed The Blue Bathroom into this with a very limited budget.
This is what the picture looked like before we did anything.
You could see it needed major updating. Blue floor and all!
We took apart the bathroom.
Here is a list of things we did to the bathroom:
- Removed the wallpaper you could see that here.
- Changed out the blue toilet
- Covered the blue floor with a laminate. (This flows into a family room, where we put laminate also.) I will be showing that room soon.
- Replaced the sink with a pedestal we found a neighbor’s garage sale while working on their house.
- Painted the trim white.
- Painted the walls a very basic beige.
- Replaced the faucet.
- Replaced the light fixture with one from a garage sale.
- Replaced the toilet paper holder and towel holder.
- Replace the curtains with a simple sheer.
- Replace the medicine cabinet with a mirror my sister was getting rid of.
Before and After from another angle.
And a closer look at the mirror and lights.
Here is a closer look at the floor we put in.
The mirror and the light look so much nicer.
My parents were very appreciative of us renovating their house.
So what do you think made the biggest difference?
Here are some of the other post I did on updating my parents house:
Follow us on Facebook now!
(Parents of a Dozen)
Follow us to get the latest post right in your inbox. Enter your email below now.