We have not been using a microwave for the past 13 years now. When we started learning about health and nutrition, I learned how the microwave decays and changes the molecular structure of the food by the process of radiation, so we chose to not use it anymore and got rid of our microwave.
My husband, who took a lot longer to jump on the health band wagon, didn’t mind that I didn’t want to use the microwave any more because he did not like the taste of the food after it had been microwaved.
We use a toaster oven or a pan on the stove for reheating food and I take food out of the freezer in advance to let it thaw or put it in water for a while. It doesn’t take that much longer. It was not difficult to stop using the microwave.
(I think it is funny that some of my younger children don’t even know what a microwave oven is.)
Some of you might disagree, but you could do some research for yourself. Below is some information and there are some links to some articles on microwave ovens.
Ten Reasons not to Use Your Microwave OvenBased on Swiss, Russian and German clinical studies
- Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
- The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in micro-waved food.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating micro-waved foods.
- The effects of micro-waved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
- Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all micro-waved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
- The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in a microwave oven.
- Micro-waved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This has been a primary contributor to the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in the United States.
- The prolonged eating of micro-waved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
- Continual ingestion of micro-waved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
- Eating micro-waved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
In Sally Fallon’s book, ‘Nourishing Traditions’ a microwave oven is listed as equipment that should NOT be used or found in the kitchen of conscientious cooks. She states; ‘Unfortunately, the microwave achieved instant popularity without much prior research to study the effects of eating microwaved food. In consequence, one large experiment involving an unwitting populace is now in progress. The small amount of research done on the effects of eating microwaved food has shown that the microwave may have unfavorable effects on fats and proteins, making them more difficult to assimilate. More recent studies carried out in Switzerland revealed that the microwave caused changes in vitamin content and availability. Eating microwaved food results in abnormal blood profiles, similar to those that occur in the early stages of cancer. An especially dangerous practice is using the microwave for heating baby’s bottle. Altered amino acids in microwaved milk can be toxic to the liver and nervous system, especially for infants. We recommend that you resist using the microwave at all costs.‘
‘There is extensive scientific literature concerning the hazardous effects of direct microwave radiation of living systems….It is astonishing therefore to realize how little effort has been taken to replace this detrimental technique of microwave cooking with technology more in accordance with nature…..Of all natural substances – which are polar – the oxygen of water molecules reacts most sensitively. This is how microwave cooking heat is generated – friction from this violence in water molecules. Structures of molecules are torn apart, molecules are forcefully deformed, called structural isomerism, and thus become impaired in quality. This is contrary to conventional heating of food where heat transfers convectionally from without to within. Cooking by microwaves begins with the cells and molecules where water is present and where the energy is transformed into frictional heat.’ (Dr. Hans Hertel quoted in Search for Health)
Pretty eye opening and thought provoking isn’t it? After doing research for this post I am really glad I have not been using a microwave for the last 13 years. It is even worse than I thought! So tell me, what is more convenient, continuing to use a microwave to heat your food and save a few minutes, or avoiding the damages done to your food and body over the long run by not using a microwave? The choice is yours. For further research and reading check out the following links;
The Dangers of Microwave Cooking (The Healthy Home Economist)
Do you use a microwave?
Do you use a microwave?
What do you think now?
Parents of a Dozen
Subscribe to our blog below or like us on Facebook now to receive our latest posts so you won’t miss any diy projects, organization ideas, recipes of all kinds, cleaning tips and health and wellness information.
To read the other post in this series click on the links below: